I want to improve my performance in an endurance sport.
Whether you’re an elite racer going after a personal best or you’re new to endurance, we can get you closer to your goal. The endurance programming at Altitude Athletic focuses on aerobic capacity, with anaerobic capacity becoming a priority for higher level athletes.
Live Low, Train High for Endurance Athletes
Combining exercise in a reduced-oxygen environment with a well-designed program can improve overall athletic performance, speed and power. As an endurance athlete, you need those things to gain a competitive edge and reach your goals faster and with less training.
- Improved anaerobic performance
- Faster lactate clearance
- Improved muscular endurance
- Faster recovery
We offer access to our altitude chamber for hypoxic workouts. Check out our Memberships to learn more about joining the gym
Live High, Train Low for Endurance Athletes
- Increase red blood cell (RBC) count
- Improved aerobic performance, endurance and stamina
- Improved VO2 Max
- Greater resistance to fatigue
Prepare for endurance events at sea-level or altitude using low-oxygen altitude simulation training. Check out our altitude equipment rentals to learn more and receive a training protocol for your goal or race.
Altitude training can maintain and even increase your cardiovascular fitness during an injury. Many athletes struggle after injury; however, hypoxic training maximizes aerobic output while minimizing physical stress on the body allowing athletes to get back into shape faster than if they only trained at sea-level.
- Maintain / increase cardio fitness during injury
- Maximize aerobic output while minimizing physical stress
- Re-condition faster than sea-level training
Equipment and Tools
We’ve outfitted our facility with the tools you need to get the most out of your endurance training – from state-of-the-art equipment designed for endurance athletes to virtual outdoor simulation and data tracking.
- Technogym Skillbikes: 15% grade, a real gear shift and the biomechanics of outdoor bicycles
- Technogym Skillruns: Wide belts, 25% grades and a staggering 30km/hr belt speed that can simulate most race or training conditions. Measures stride length, propulsion time, contact time and flight time
- Option to use your own bike with Wahoo trainers
- Sync with third-party apps like Zwift and Strava, explore real routes and compete against cyclists around the world
- Try tackling mountain passes at Altitude – train for an iconic climb at Stelvio or prepare for the grind of Col du Galibier
Data Tracking and Analysis
- Connect your data tracking apps such as Polar Beat, Garmin Connect or MyFitnessPal
- Use the Mywellness app to efficiently keep track of all your records – indoor and outdoor – on one screen
- Log training sessions and individual workouts
Buying a new bike can be like welcoming a new family member into the home. It will need a place to stay (preferably inside where it’s warm and clean), it will need maintenance, cleaning and upkeep, and it will continue to cost you money for years to come in exchange...
Have any plans for December 13th, 2020? If not, you might consider signing up for The Antarctic Ice Marathon – the southernmost marathon in the world! If by any chance you’ve run a marathon on each of the other 6 continents, you might be one of few to join the ‘7...
For many years, sport was considered to be only for men, as women’s physiology was viewed as being less efficient, weaker, and unable to push their bodies in the rigor of sport. Prior to the 1960’s, women were banned or restricted from longer running and...