Hiking, Climbing and Mountaineering
I am preparing for an active outdoor expedition.
You’re about to set off on hike or climb. Your expedition may involve challenging treks on remote trails, variable weather conditions, long days of exertion carrying heavy packs, and of course, high altitudes. Though the journey may be difficult, the landscapes and the sense of accomplishment when you reach the summit are worth-it. We want you to enjoy your once-in-a-lifetime experience, not suffer through it. Give yourself the best chance at success by preparing at Altitude Athletic.
- At elevations above 10,000 ft (3,000 m), 50% of travellers experience Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS)
- Accessing training tools that simulate the mountain experience at sea-level
- Structuring an effective training plan that optimizes both performance and recovery
- Acclimating on-site can be costly and time-consuming
- Reduce Risk: Hypoxic training can reduce the risk of AMS by up to 40%
- Perform Better: Improve your body’s oxygen delivery and uptake for greater work tolerance at elevation
- Be Prepared: Replicate the demands of your expedition in the gym
- Enjoy More: Improve aerobic endurance and muscular strength so you can enjoy your experience, not suffer through it
GUIDES AND EXPEDITION COMPANIES
Your job is to ensure everyone in the group has a safe and enjoyable experience. Participants who come physically unprepared for the trek are often unable to keep up, leading to disparity in the group.
Participants need to be in good physical condition and ready for the challenges. We can work with guides and participants before departure.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Try a session in the chamber: practice incline walking at elevation with a custom weighted pack or challenge your coordination on the VersaClimber.
Work with a professional: Get access to a well-structured program that addresses your specific needs.
Discover your data: Assess your fitness and identify weaknesses with a performance assessment.
Resources for Hikers, Climbers and Mountaineers
New Zealand is famous all over the world for boasting some of this planet's most breathtaking natural scenery. The landscape all over the country is incredibly diverse - from lakes, beaches and coastline to glaciers, volcanos and dramatic alpine terrains. If you want...
Altitude uses PNOE Metabolic Testing to provide a complete picture of your cardiovascular and metabolic function. The accuracy of the test results allows Altitude coaches to determine precise health and fitness metrics like VO2 Max and Resting Metabolic Rate. These...
Outdoor sports and adventure travel fans all know about the popular go-to destinations. Mountain biking? Head to the Alps. Trekking? Try New Zealand or the Inca Trail in Peru. Rock Climbing? The national parks of the US never let us down. One place you may not have...