Endurance Athlete Training
Simulated altitude training is a strategy for athletes who live at or near sea level and train in low-oxygen environments that simulate high altitudes. Reducing the oxygen in the environment increases the training stimulus, which causes the body to adapt and become more efficient at using oxygen. These physiological adaptations can lead to numerous performance benefits that can take you to the front of the pack in your next race.
Meet with A Coach
Book a complimentary consult with one of our coaches to learn more about how Altitude can maximize your endurance performance.
- Boosting my stamina without spending hours training
- Struggling to shave critical seconds/minutes off of my race time
- It’s hard to find the right balance of training and recovery
- Easing the impact of long sessions on my body without then losing fitness benefit
- Traveling to altitude camps can be costly and time-consuming
- Go Longer: Increase the body’s capacity to deliver oxygen to working muscles and tissues
- Go Harder: Improve anaeorbic threshold so you can work at higher speeds without excess fatigue
- Recover Faster: Better lactate clearance to delay the onset of fatigue
- Train Smarter: Reduce training load while boosting fitness
Train in the chamber: Indoor bikes with a real gear shift, treadmills that measure your cadence, power and ground time, bike trainers AND the capacity for simulation and data analysis through third-party apps like Zwift and Strava
Work with a professional coach: Get access to a well-structured training plan that addresses your specific needs.
Track your metrics: Discover your VO2 max, training zones and identify weaknesses with a performance assessment
ENDURANCE Training CASE STUDIES
Altitude has been studied extensively in the context of endurance athlete training. It has been shown to provide numerous race-making benefits. As an endurance athlete, this means you can work at the same or higher intensity for longer without accumulating fatigue. Click below to learn more about some of the research studies done on altitude training for endurance athletes.
I have for years tried to find a gym that didn’t treat me like a $, somewhere that would educate me and help me understand my body in relation t...Read More
Excellent facility and well run by good people who care. I’ve been going to the gym off and on for my entire life without seeing much results. I did...Read More
This is a truly unique and amazing place! I’ve trained at Altitude Athletic multiple times and the gym is beautifully designed, high-tec...Read More