Health and Safety Policies
ELEVATE YOUR TRAINING – AND YOUR STANDARDS
We have prepared to welcome our members back to the gym with new procedures in place to ensure the health and safety of our community moving forward.
At Altitude Athletic, we prioritize the health and safety of our members and employees.
Our team has developed a comprehensive re-opening strategy in line with the new health and safety parameters laid out by all levels of government across the country. Our new health and safety policies will be updated regularly, as we recognize that public health information and provincial orders can change quickly.
We must work together to keep one another and the community safe, and we look forward to welcoming you to Altitude Athletic.
Ontario no longer requires people to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of their vaccination status to access certain businesses and settings including indoor restaurants, theatres, gyms, and settings where large gatherings take place.
Therefore, Altitude will no longer require members, guests and staff to submit proof of vaccination upon entering the facility.
In accordance with the Covid-19 mask mandate being lifted across Ontario, masks will now be made optional for clients and visitors of Altitude. We will continue to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitizing protocols to support the health and safety of our clients.
The government of Ontario has lifted capacity restrictions in gyms across the province. Therefore, Altitude will no longer be limiting capacity in the gym space. However, we will encourage all participants to continue to follow social distancing measures as best as possible. To limit contact, treadmills will continue to be separated by plexi-glass barriers.
SANITATION AND DISINFECTION
Sanitizer: It’s 2022, you know the drill.
Two Astreea touch-free hand sanitizer stations will be available
One at the entrance to the facility
One at the entrance to the chamber
Disinfectants: At least they smell good, sometimes.
Altitude staff will use the following products as disinfectants, all of which have been verified by Health Canada as a hard-surface disinfectant most effective against COVID-19
Lysol Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Lysol Disinfectant Spray
- Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Bowl Cleaner Deep Reach
- Lysol Disinfecting Wipes
- Scrubbing Bubbles Disinfectant Bathroom Cleaner
Bathrooms: If you can’t hold it in, we won’t make you swim.
Clients are encouraged to arrive in their workout clothes to avoid using the bathrooms to change
- Hand washing is available in each of the four bathrooms at the facility
- Touch-free hand dryers will be in place
Front Desk/Reception Space:
Front Desk Staff will be protected by a barrier and will disinfect the following before and/or after each use:
iPads before/after use
- Heart rate monitors
- Pulse Oximeters
- Merchandise and juice bar products will not be sold until further notice
Floating Bar: #takeyourjuiceHOME
Staff will wipe down bar and stools after use but we encourage members not to use it so we can keep the front desk staff sheltered behind the reception desk barrier
Lockers: Keep ’em clean and don’t leave a scene.
Locks, handles, and hooks inside lockers will be promptly wiped down in-between clients
- To ensure social distancing, do not take a locker beside one already in use unless you are part of that member’s ‘social bubble’
Altitude Chamber: If you touched it, clean it.
Staff and Clients to disinfect cell phones using provided wipes/spray before entering the chamber
- Coaches to disinfect iPads taken into the chamber
- Clients to disinfect equipment before and after use
- Treadmills – Screen, handles, sweaty surfaces and plexi-glass barriers
- Bikes – Handlebars, screen, seat and pedals
- Stairmaster – Screen, handles
- Redcord – surfaces touched
- Dumbbells, kettlebells and all functional training equipment
- Staff will continue to disinfect dividers, floors, and general surfaces throughout the day
STAFF AND CLIENT SCREENING
We want to ensure the health and safety of all our staff and clients.
Before entering the facility:
- All staff and clients must say if they have the follow symptoms: coughing, fever, sore throat or difficulty breathing
- If you possess symptoms, you will be asked to leave and encouraged to self isolate for 14 days before returning
Note that the same screening policies will apply to any third-party individuals who enter the facility or chamber. These may include maintenance staff, prospective clients on facility tours, etc.