I want to improve my performance in an endurance sport.
Whether you’re an elite racer going after a personal best or you’re new to endurance, we can get you closer to your goal. The endurance programming at Altitude Athletic focuses on aerobic capacity, with anaerobic capacity becoming a priority for higher level athletes.
- Boosting my stamina without spending hours training
- Struggling to shave critical seconds/minutes off of my race time
- It’s hard to find the right balance of training and recovery
- Easing the impact of long sessions on my body without then losing fitness benefit
- Traveling to altitude camps can be costly and time-consuming
- Go Longer: Increase the body’s capacity to delivery oxygen to working muscles and tissues
- Go Harder: Improve anaeorbic threshold so you can work at higher speeds without excess fatigue
- Recover Faster: Better lactate clearance to delay the onset of fatigue
- Train Smarter: Reduce training load while boosting fitness
Train in the chamber: Indoor bikes with a real gear shift, treadmills that measure your cadence, power and ground time, bike trainers AND the capacity for simulation and data analysis through third-party apps like Zwift and Strava
Work with a professional: Get access to a well-structured program that addresses your specific needs.
Track your metrics: Assess your fitness and identify weaknesses with a performance assessment
Resources for Endurance Althetes
ow you can make the most of altitude training in each phase of your training plan for your marathon build-up
Over the past year, lockdown has made it very tough to keep up a fitness routine that not only keeps you strong and healthy but is also challenging, fulfilling and fun. As someone whose fitness routine revolved mostly around tough conditioning sessions in the gym,...
Training for your first triathlon can be an intimidating experience. From seemingly endless amounts of gear to scarily fast transitions, there can be a lot to wrap your head around leading up to the day. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you feel ready when it’s time to race.